UPDATE: This call for submissions is now closed. Thanks to everyone who sent in a script!
So Rebecca De Ornelas and I are looking for some help with a fun project that we think could also be a cool way to spark some quick and easy collaboration.
I can’t release the specific details publicly, but here are the basics:
- We’re looking for several original one page monologues (screenplay format) that tell a difficult story in an honest, perhaps even semi-comedic way.
- We would like to see a strong cross-section of diverse voices submitting (and please feel free to spread the word on that front).
- We would like to see a strong cross-section of diverse characters (in terms of age, gender, background) in submissions
- There is no compensation, however…
- Selected scripts will be produced and delivered to a few different audiences (including mine on this site).
- Selected writers must be willing to sign a release that grants us the right to distribute the finished product only within the parameters of our project (you’ll get details).
- Selected writers will be given a final copy of the video and will retain all copy rights to the produced and written material.
Please do not send any scripts at this time. If you are interested in submitting, or would like more detailed information, let me (Michael) know via Private Message on Twitter or Facebook, or via this site. Twitter and Facebook will get to me faster. Please include your email address at this stage. That is how I will get in contact with you.
The deadline for submission is June 30th.