After a bit of a break, Coffee with Creatives is back and ready to inspire you in 2016. The first episode of the new year is with Filmmaker Christina Raia, who I first met on Twitter and then in person when Multiverse screened at Indieworks in NYC.
Christina is a prolific filmmaker with an intense work ethic. In addition to discussing the path that led to her first feature film Summit, we also discuss:
- The many ways in which an artist can be boxed-in, in career terms, and how to help make sure that doesn’t happen
- How we as artists change during, after, and across projects
- Why she doesn’t like waiting before moving on to a new film or series
- The experience of wondering if her $20,000 feature (Summit) would collapse entirely, during every day of its two-week production period
- Learning to be vulnerable, and how that can help you (and any team members working with you) to, for instance, stick things out in sub-zero temperatures
- In regards to her web series, Kelsey, how to achieve distribution success by reaching out to your base, or core audience
Great talk, hard-working, generous filmmaker. Summit is available now. You can find out more about Christina and her work on her site. Happy Creating! More great guests coming soon! If you enjoy our talk, please share it on Twitter or on Facebook.