How about that? F*cking do it. Asterisk for the sake of not triggering any filters or blockers or whatever the kids call the buzz-killing censorship algorithms these days.
I digress. This week’s Coffee with Creatives episode is with the multi-talented Bodine Boling, whose film Movement + Location is currently in release in Los Angeles (after a week-long theatrical run in NYC) and available on several VOD channels.
We had a great talk about the travails of writing and producing a low-budget independent film. Subtopics included:
- How varying production experiences can help improve your work in other areas
- How/why she wrote the script for Movement + Location seventeen times before shooting it
- The importance of having a reward you can envision at the end of a long-term pursuit
- How to deal with a shoot location burning down
- Working with your spouse
- The sometimes harsh and insane financial reality of making art
This episode is also on iTunes.