Team #VideoblogsFilm is on the lookout for an Assistant Producer of Marketing and Distribution (PMD) to join marketing and distribution efforts for our independent film about mental health in today’s busy, tech-enabled environment.
- Feel strongly about advocating for a greater dialogue on mental health in America?
- Have experience and a great interest in independent film, or a comparable art form?
- Have room in your schedule to commit to performing specific administrative and research tasks, on a weekly basis, beginning ASAP and continuing through May 2016 (possibly beyond)?
- Want to gain experience in the marketing and distribution of a truly independent film?
- Want to establish a working relationship with hard-working producers who release a film at least once per year?
- Live in the NYC area?
If so, please review the job responsibilities below. Apply via the instructions at the bottom of this post if interested in the position.
- Maintain and update project calendar, keep core team on track with deadlines
- Set meetings, take notes, work with core team to update business plan(s) as appropriate
- Under direction of Producer of Marketing and Distribution (PMD), research and catalog list of potential partner organizations, on national and local (US city) level
- Under direction of Creative Producer, assist in research and outreach tasks related to The Videoblogs Dialogue
- Help coordinate screenings in several cities
- Assist PMD with digital release strategy implementation
- Other administrative tasks
Compensation and Timeline
- $250/wk, from start to May 2016
- Flexible hours, mostly remote work
- Potential for continued employment with this project
- With good performance, strong consideration for larger role in next project produced by same core team
This position is project-based. The weekly amount of hours it will take to perform will depend largely on how long it takes to effectively and efficiently meet deadlines. The Assistant PMD will not be expected to work full-time, but will need to be able to perform tasks on a weekly basis and respond to emails and calls in a timely manner.
- Please send a brief cover letter to mdibiasio [at] outlook [dot] com, summarizing relevant experience, your interest in the position, and what your goals would be in performing the role of Assistant PMD.
- Attach a resume (in PDF form only).
- Also, at the end of your cover letter, please identify the last great book you read, and include a one-sentence reason why you loved it. Alternatively, you may also tell us about the last great meal you ate (and why you loved it).
Applications that do not follow these instructions will be sugar-shamed and then deleted. We look forward to reviewing your applications!